Canker Sores 101
For many, canker sores are a fact of life. Whether due to diets heavy in foods like summer citrus or underlying health issues, canker sores are a pain that often force sufferers to grin and bear it. Luckily, CUROXEN Mouth Sore Treatment not only numbs the pain, it promotes healing as well.
Identifying a canker sore
Canker sores are found within the mouth and appear white or gray in color with a red boarder. The space is usually tender to the touch and feels raw often making talking, eating, and drinking painful. The area can also tingle and burn the day before the sore appears.
Canker Sores vs. Cold Sores
While sometimes easily confused, canker sores and cold sores are quite different. Typically, canker sores form inside the mouth while their counterparts often appear around the outer lips. Additionally, cold sores are mostly red and blistered as opposed to canker sores which are most often white. Furthermore, canker sores are not contagious and cannot be passed on which is quite different from the highly spreadable cold sore.
Who is affected by Canker Sores?
- Women tend to be more effected than their male counterparts
- People whose parent(s) suffered from canker sores
- Those with gastrointestinal issues like Chron’s Disease
- People with certain food allergies
- Those who eat a lot of acidic foods like citrus
- Similarly, those who eat spicy foods like salsa
- People who are prone to cuts and abrasions inside the mouth
- People lacking certain vitamins like B12 and iron.
- Individuals taking certain drugs
- People who have high levels of stress
- Teens, especially females who are in the early stages of puberty?
How to treat a canker sore
Unfortunately, there is no instant cure for canker sores, but you can promote healing and kill germs with two simple steps.
1. Rinse mouth with warm salt water
2. Apply CUROXEN Mouth Sore Treatment to affected area
CUROXEN’s all-natural formula will help to kills germs and prevent infection while it numbs pain and aids in healing. It can also be applied as many times as needed throughout the day as opposed to Orajel which has a 4X a day limit. Additionally, Orajel uses benzocaine rather than clove oil, a known cause of the fatal blood disorder methemoglobinemia.
“In my Internal Medicine and Age Management clinic, Westlake Medical Arts, I treat and teach my patients to use natural and organic alternatives when appropriate. Many health conditions can cause canker sores in the mouth and CUROXEN Oral is a great solution. Unlike Orajel, which contains benzocaine and other nasty inactive ingredients; CUROXEN, has just 4 natural and organic ingredients. It utilizes clove oil to numb pain, while still fighting infection and promoting healing. I recommend this product to all my cancer patients and any one that complains of mouth pain from canker sores, dentures, braces, and even nervous cheek biting!”
Dr. Eleanor Womack, MD